5.11.2007

Reflections][snoitcelfeR & a Suggestion

Well, its been fun. Really, I mean it, this has been one of the best staff development exercises I have ever been through. I'm not talking about surfing YouTube or playing with Mash-Ups (those were fun by the way) but rather watching and working with my fellow staff members to utilize all of this Web 2.0 madness. There's a lot out there and while this program just covered a fraction of the possibilities waiting for libraries it got us all thinking about those possibilities, and that's no small feat. What I enjoyed the most about Learning 2.0 was the way it made Web 2.0 and everything that term covers approachable, no matter what ones prior experience with social networking/blogging/etc. was.

Where we go from here is only limited by what we are all willing to try out, I have mentioned it already on this blog but would really like to see KCLS explore the implementation of quick reference service via text and Instant Messaging maybe this could be explored in a future version of Learning 2.0. No matter what new services we try out it will be fun to see what happens next!

On a side note this will be my last regular post to this blog, but if you wish to listen to me ramble on or just plain stalk me on the web check back. I will update from time to time linking to any other online projects or blogs I'm involved in.

-Matt

No comments: